Year 11 Aim Higher
Aim Higher is about improving the life chances of a targeted group of students by offering them a more personalised learning approach to meet their needs.
- For all learners in Aim Higher to achieve at least 5 GCSEs (C grade or higher), with a particular focus on English and Maths
- For all learners in Aim Higher to achieve at least 95% attendance
- For all learners to adopt a positive attitude to his/her studies
At the start of Year 10 we reorganised the learners into smaller tutor groups, with the main aim being
to support Aim Higher students as fully as possible. Learners in the Aim Higher cohort will meet
with their form tutor on a regular basis to review his/her progress in all subjects and to set
learning targets to work towards.
Every care and attention will be given to ensure that learners in Aim Higher are given the necessary support and guidance to achieve or exceed their potential. Additional support and intervention strategies will be employed to bring about improvements in all areas of school life.
Pastoral care is paramount if a child is to succeed. As a result Mrs Towndrow, Pastoral Support Assistant, continues to support all Year 11 students.
It is only through positive and strong relationships between school staff and parents/carers that we are able to best support you and your child. If you have any concerns or queries please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Your first point of contact should be your child's tutor. This can be done through your child's planner, which is checked on a regular basis, the telephone or e-mail.
- You can phone the school on 01246 432849
- You can also email me on email@example.com
Mrs A Gregory- Director of Learning Year 11