Careers Information and Guidance
All the help you need to make learning, life and work choices that are right for YOU!
There are lots of education, training and work opportunities you can explore. Which of them could be right for you?
Choose wisely to make the most of your skills and abilities, and you can look forward to a happy future. But the world of work is changing fast. How can you find the right path?
Information that's reliable and up-to-date, about courses, qualifications and career options or other issues you're facing.
Advice to help you gather and understand all the information, and find out what's relevant to your life and choices.
Guidance from experts with your interests at heart, to help you to:
- work out what you really want to do
- understand what you can achieve
- find your way to a bright future
That's where the new Information, Advice and Guidance Guarantee for every young person comes in.
It means YOU can get what you need, where and when you need it.
THE INFORMATION, ADVICE AND GUIDANCE GUARANTEE
At school from Year 7 onwards:
- You're entitled to support from your Tutor who knows you well. Your Tutor will help you get specialist advice when you need it, and tackle any problems that get in the way of your learning.
- You're entitled to high-quality careers education that helps you to plan and manage your career.
- You're entitled to impartial information and advice about learning and work options, including a variety of learning routes.
- You're entitled to information and advice about the opportunities and benefits of higher education, and about what you need to do to get into university.
- You're entitled to learning about the world of work, giving you a direct feel for what it's really like.
- All young people are entitled to access to :
1. One to one advice and support from a local specialist careers adviser.
2. Extra specialist support from local services as needed.
- Help to develop the skills and knowledge you'll need for work;
- A head start when you are ready for your first job; and
- The skills you need to keep on making the best choices for the future.
We are developing new ways to back up this
offer to young people and parents - such as
more mentoring or better work experience.
And one more thing..
Because you now need to stay in education or training until the age of 18 you will receive high quality careers education from Eckington School up to the age of 18.
Which all means you'll get:
TIME TO GET ON TRACK
The Guarantee applies to all young people.
So don't delay - it's never too soon to get on the path that feels right for you.
Discuss your plans for the future with your family.
Talk to your tutor, your careers co-ordinator or careers advisor.
The careers library is available for drop ins most lunch times. Opening times will be displayed on the door and on notice boards.